Install this tool to enable the ability to grant temporary permissions (roles and group membership) to users in your ServiceNow instance.
As an Admin, simply click the UI Action on a user's profile, and fill out the required fields on the dialog window that pops up. This will allow you to add a user to a specified list of roles or groups.
Alternatively, you may wish to bulk-add users to a single group. To accomplish this, navigate to the group record and then click Add Temporary Group Members. You'll then be prompted to paste in a comma-separated list of user IDs corresponding to users who should be bulk-added to the group.
Note that the expiration date is the last day on which they'll be able to use their permissions (inclusive). The default value is today. So if you do not adjust this value, the permissions will be revoked by the next morning.
Permission revocation for expired temporary roles happens at midnight.
Like our content? Check out some of our other informative articles below!
- Apr 21, 2019 Understanding Attachments in ServiceNow
- Apr 10, 2019 Using Custom Search Engines in Chrome to Quickly Navigate ServiceNow
- Apr 4, 2019 Set Catalog Variables from URL Params (Free tool)
- Apr 1, 2019 Outlook for Android Breaks Email Approvals (+Solution)
- March 2019
- Feb 27, 2019 Making Update Sets Smarter - Free Tool
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- Jul 23, 2018 Admin Duty Separation with a Single Account
- Jun 19, 2018 Improving Performance on Older Instances with Table Rotation
- Jun 4, 2018 New Free Tool: Login Link Generator
- May 29, 2018 Learning ServiceNow: Second Edition!
- April 2018
- March 2018
- Feb 11, 2018 We have a new book!
- November 2017
- Sep 12, 2017 Handling TimeZones in ServiceNow (TimeZoneUtil)
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- Mar 12, 2017 reCAPTCHA in ServiceNow CMS/Service Portal
- Dec 20, 2016 Pro Tip: Use updateMultiple() for Maximum Efficiency!
- Dec 2, 2016 We're Writing a Book!
- Nov 10, 2016 Chrome Extension: Load in ServiceNow Frame
- September 2016
- Jul 17, 2016 Granting Temporary Roles/Groups in ServiceNow
- Jul 15, 2016 Scripted REST APIs & Retrieving RITM Variables via SRAPI
- May 17, 2016 What's New in Helsinki?
- Apr 27, 2016 Customizing UI16 Through CSS and System Properties
- Apr 5, 2016 ServiceNow Versions: Express Vs. Enterprise
- March 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 Reference Field Auto-Complete Attributes
- Feb 6, 2016 GlideRecord & GlideAjax: Client-Side Vs. Server-Side
- Feb 1, 2016 Make Your Log Entries Easier to Find
- Jan 29, 2016 A Better, One-Click Approval
- Jan 25, 2016 Quickly Move Changes Between Update Sets
- Jan 20, 2016 Customize the Reference Icon Pop-up
- Jan 7, 2016 ServiceNow: Geneva & UI16 - What's new
- Jan 4, 2016 Detect/Prevent Update Set Conflicts Before They Happen
- Dec 28, 2015 SN101: Boolean logic and ServiceNow's Condition Builder
- Dec 17, 2015 Locate any record in any table, by sys_id in ServiceNow
- Dec 16, 2015 Detecting Duplicate Records with GlideAggregate
- Dec 11, 2015 Array.indexOf() not working in ServiceNow - Solution!
- Dec 2, 2015 Understanding Dynamic Filters & Checking a Record Against a Filter Using GlideFilter
- October 2015
- Aug 27, 2015 Easily Clone One User's Access to Another User