Over a year ago, when I first launched this website, I posted some free versions of my earliest tools. One of the first little tools I posted, was the SN Frame bookmarklet. As with all tools on this site, we put it out there for free and without any advertising or other nasty stuff. Today, we've just released the latest version of this tool as a Google Chrome Extension. Read on for more info, or click that link to download the tool from the Chrome extension store. Alternatively, you can search for SN Framerizer on the Chrome extension store.
I often find myself middle-clicking a link or otherwise opening links in ServiceNow in a "new tab" or "new window". This means that I often get pages that load just the content frame, without the ServiceNow frame.
The ServiceNow frame is the header and side-bar that facilitate easy navigation around ServiceNow, and easy access to various useful UI elements. When you open a link in ServiceNow in a new tab, you lose this frame. Your options to get back into the ServiceNow frame, are to either manually modify the URL by adding nav_to.do?uri=... to the URL after the domain, or to go back to your ServiceNow instance home page and start from scratch.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was an easier way to load the current page in the ServiceNow frame?
I think so too, so I wrote this little tool. It started as a bookmarklet, but this teeny little script tool has evolved over time, and now I'm happy to announce that you no longer need to open your bookmarks or reserve space on your bookmarks toolbar for this bookmarklet.
Instead, simply install the SN Framerizer app from the Extensions section of the Chrome web store. Once it's installed, be sure to drag the SN Framerizer icon (to the right of this paragraph) from your extension overflow area, to the block of icons to the right of your URL bar. Then, all you have to do is click this icon in your browser when you're on a frameless ServiceNow page, and it'll return you to the ServiceNow frame. Easy as that!
- September 2018
- Jul 23, 2018 Admin Duty Separation with a Single Account
- June 2018
- May 29, 2018 Learning ServiceNow: Second Edition!
- April 2018
- March 2018
- Feb 11, 2018 We have a new book!
- November 2017
- Sep 12, 2017 Handling TimeZones in ServiceNow (TimeZoneUtil)
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- Mar 12, 2017 reCAPTCHA in ServiceNow CMS/Service Portal
- Dec 20, 2016 Pro Tip: Use updateMultiple() for Maximum Efficiency!
- Dec 2, 2016 We're Writing a Book!
- Nov 10, 2016 Chrome Extension: Load in ServiceNow Frame
- September 2016
- July 2016
- May 17, 2016 What's New in Helsinki?
- Apr 27, 2016 Customizing UI16 Through CSS and System Properties
- Apr 5, 2016 ServiceNow Versions: Express Vs. Enterprise
- March 2016
- Feb 25, 2016 Understanding Attachments in ServiceNow
- Feb 22, 2016 Reference Field Auto-Complete Attributes
- Feb 6, 2016 GlideRecord & GlideAjax: Client-Side Vs. Server-Side
- Feb 1, 2016 Make Your Log Entries Easier to Find
- Jan 29, 2016 A Better, One-Click Approval
- Jan 25, 2016 Quickly Move Changes Between Update Sets
- Jan 20, 2016 Customize the Reference Icon Pop-up
- Jan 7, 2016 ServiceNow: Geneva & UI16 - What's new
- Jan 4, 2016 Detect/Prevent Update Set Conflicts Before They Happen
- Dec 28, 2015 SN101: Boolean logic and ServiceNow's Condition Builder
- Dec 17, 2015 Locate any record in any table, by sys_id in ServiceNow
- Dec 16, 2015 Detecting Duplicate Records with GlideAggregate
- Dec 11, 2015 Array.indexOf() not working in ServiceNow - Solution!
- Dec 2, 2015 Understanding Dynamic Filters & Checking a Record Against a Filter Using GlideFilter
- October 2015
- Aug 27, 2015 Easily Clone One User's Access to Another User