Learning ServiceNow shows you how to put important ServiceNow features to work in the real world. We will introduce key concepts and examples on managing and automating IT services, and help you build a solid foundation towards this new approach. We’ll demonstrate how to effectively implement various system configurations within ServiceNow. We’ll show you how to configure and administer your instance, and then move on to building strong user interfaces and creating powerful workflows.
We also cover other key elements of ServiceNow, such as alerts and notifications, security, reporting, and custom development. You will learn how to improve your business’ workflow, processes, and operational efficiency. By the end of this book, you will be able to successfully configure and manage ServiceNow within your organization.
ISBN 13: 9781785883323
Pages: 356 pages
Author: Tim Woodruff (The SN Guys)
What You Will Learn
- Acquire and configure your own free personal developer instance of ServiceNow
- Read (and write!) clear, effective requirements for ServiceNow development
- Avoid common pitfalls and missteps that could seriously impact future progress and upgradeability
- Know how to troubleshoot when things go wrong using debugging tools
- Discover developer “tips and tricks”
- Pick up great tips from top ServiceNow development and administration professionals, and find out what they wish they knew when they were starting out